iSeries EAM Services
DigitalThinker now provides EAM software services for clients who are using the IBM iSeries platform!
Infor’s iSeries EAM (Elke)
Infor iSeries EAM, formally known as Elke Corporation’s Main/Tracker and SSA BPCS Plant Maintenance, is a leading software solution that operates on the IBM iSeries platform. For over 40 years iSeries EAM (Elke/BPCS) has helped thousands of plants, facilities and fleets around the world improve their asset management operations. DigitalThinker is here to help this technology continue growing.
No Company Left Behind
With EAM Software making huge advancements in technology, it’s easy for some companies to get left behind. While upgrading to more advanced systems and software platforms are always encouraged, it’s understood that doing so may not always be in the best interest for some.
At DigitalThinker, we believe the old saying “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”. Some businesses are continuing to operate just fine with what they already have or are not financially ready to make any big changes. Unfortunately, this sometimes results in companies losing their software support services and are often left to fend for themselves.
At DigitalThinker, we believe that no one should be left behind. That is why we have expanded our company to provide EAM services and support for clients who wish to remain on the IBM iSeries Platform! Whether your company needs assistance in leveraging their existing technology or adopting new technologies – we can help.
DigitalThinker is pleased to have Jim Nelson join our team. Jim started his EAM career 34 years ago at Elke Corporation. After the acquisition of Elke by SSA in 1993, Jim started his own EAM services company, TEAMS Corporation. He has worked with hundreds of companies and trained thousands of end users on how to improve their asset management operations. His expertise in providing solutions for plant, facilities and fleet asset management is highly respected in the industry.
With ongoing efforts to continuously provide exceptional service for the iSeries EAM product, TEAMS Corporation and DigitalThinker have now joined forces. Jim will continue to provide his services as an expert EAM consultant as an employee of DigitalThinker. Therefore, his efforts can not only be continued, Jim now has the support he needs to expand the capabilities and functionality of the iSeries EAM product for existing and new customers who are operating on the IBM iSeries Platform.
Benefits of EAM Software:
- Ability To Track Any “Maintenance Worthy” Asset
- Designed For “Ease Of Use/ Speed Of Use” – 30 Second Work Order
- Improve Communications Between Operations And Maintenance
- Reduce Total Asset Ownership Costs
- Increase Asset Reliability And Life Cycles
- Improve Optimal Asset Replacement Timing Decisions
- Improve Inventory Usage, Reduce Outages/Overages
- Improve Purchase Controls For All Non-Direct Items
- Schedule Planned Component Replacements
- Increase Warranty Claims Tracking
- Increase Asset Calibration Tracking
- Increase Labor Productivity And Employee Satisfaction
- Increase Manpower And Material Scheduling Activities
- Improve Outside Contractor Scheduling Activities
- Improve Preventive Maintenance Scheduling Activities
- Reduce Double Entry Of Information And Paperwork
- Increase Availability Of Meaningful EAM Information
Available Modules for iSeries EAM:
- Asset Tracking
- Asset LTD Costing
- Asset History
- Asset Warranty Tracking
- Asset Scheduling
- Asset Data Sheets
- Work Request Scheduling
- Work Order Planning & Scheduling
- Capital Project Tracking
- Outside Contractor Tracking
- PM Work Order Planning & Scheduling
- MRO Parts Inventory
- MRO Parts Requisitioning
- MRO Parts Purchasing
- MRO Parts Receiving
- MRO Parts Accounts Payable
- Component Tracking
- Calibration Tracking
- System Support – Group/User Profiles & User Menus
DigitalThinker provides the following services for iSeries (Elke) EAM Software:
- Consulting & Implementation – On-Site
- Training Services – On-Site & Go to Meeting
- System Review Services – 2 day audit & Management Report
- Software Enhancements “Off the Shelf” – Storeroom Bar-Coding
- Software Enhancements – Single Screen W/O Entry, APMF, AI
- Support Department – Help Desk
- KPI Development & Dashboards
- Query Reports – Dozens Available & Query End User Training
- Data Conversion Services – To & From
- Custom Programming
- Asset PM Research
- Data Gathering
- Data Cleansing
- BPCS AMI Interface Enhancements
- Financial Systems Integration
- Fuel Dispensing System Interfaces
- iSeries EAM Software Distribution
- End User Guides
- Original System Documentation
DigitalThinker is able to serve a variety of industries:
- Food and Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Paper Products
- Green Energy/Ethenol
These are just a few of the many industries we serve! Get in touch with us to find out how DigitalThinker can serve your industry.
Elke Corporation was founded in 1978 by Bob Nelson and Tony Phillippi, at the request of IBM. With the introduction of IBM “mid-range” computers in the 2nd half of the seventies, there was a significant need for “packaged” software systems. IBM and Bob’s collaboration actually dates back to 1962 when the S.J. Groves Highway Construction Company first computerized their asset management operations. Bob started his Groves career as a parts man, mechanic and eventually vice president of equipment. When Bob retired from Groves in the early seventies, Groves had grown to become the nation’s’ largest builder of interstate highways and Caterpillar’s largest customer. It has often been said: “If you travel an interstate highway, east of the Mississippi, it is likely that Bob built it”. Many consider Bob Nelson as the “visionary of the original Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) industry.”
The Elke Main/Tracker system initially operated on the IBM system 34. Throughout the 1980’s Main/Tracker was migrated to the 36, 38, AS/400 and iSeries platforms. In 1986, Elke joined the IBM Business Partners program and went on to become one of IBM’s most valued Partners. In the early 90’s the Elke Main/Tracker System was recognized as the most widely used EAM system on the IBM Midrange computer platform. Main/Tracker had over 2,500 systems installed worldwide, and was used in over 20 industries.
In 1993, System Software Associates (SSA) realized the need to incorporate an asset management solution into its “suite of ERP products called BPCS”, and acquired Elke. Elke’s Main/Tracker was renamed to BPCS Plant Maintenance at the time. In 2000, SSA was acquired by Gores Technology to become SSA Global Technologies. In 2006, Infor acquired SSA and are the current owners of iSeries EAM. In the last 25 years, several hundred new companies have joined the iSeries EAM install base. Today, with the continued support of Infor , the iSeries EAM product is still considered a “Best of Breed” solution and continues to be the most widely used EAM system on IBM’s iSeries computer.
DigitalThinker provides a total solution including application software, consulting, education, custom development, support, research services and hardware.
Our clients and business partners are a strategic asset of our business and a key reason for our existence. That is why we will continue to focus on helping our clients achieve their business objectives through the successful implementation of their EAM and related systems.